Bulgarian Industrial Association Seeks Discount for Companies Consuming over 5GWh per year
Companies with power consumption of over 5 GWh per year should be entitled to a discount on the so-called green energy component of electricity tariffs, according to a proposal of the Bulgarian Industrial Association (BIA).
The BIA has sent a letter to Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova, proposing that companies consuming 5-30 GWh of electricity per year should be entitled to a 50% discount on the “obligation to society” component, while plants consuming over 30 GWh of electricity per year should benefit from a 85% discount.
The statement of the BIA, as cited by money.bg, comes in response to a proposal of a draft ordinance of the Energy Ministry on reducing the burden related to renewable energy costs.
The ordinance provides that energy-intensive industrial enterprises with power consumption of over 30 GWh a year should be granted a 85% discount on the green energy component of electricity prices.
The BIA demands that Bulgaria notify the ordinance to the European Commission as soon as possible, stressing that the discount is a type of state aid.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgartransgaz: We will Not Stop the Transit of Russian Gas
- » Study: In Three Years, Electric Trucks will be a Cheaper option than Diesels in Europe
- » The New Gas Price in Bulgaria is almost 14% Higher
- » Finance Minister: Bulgaria’s Economy can Last 6 months if Russia Stops Oil and Closes the Bosphorus
- » Deputy PM: We have Assurance from the EC that Bulgaria will be Included in the Exceptions for the Embargo of Russian Oil
- » PM: Bulgaria will Receive the Entire Amount of Azeri Gas from July 1