Greek Eurobank to Buy Branch Network of Alpha Bank in Bulgaria - Reuters
Greek Euroboank, which owns 100% of Bulgaria's Postbank, will buy around 80 branches of Greek Alpha Bank in Bulgaria for EUR 1, according to a Eurobank official, as cited by Reuters.
The boards of the two banks are to meet Friday to finalize the deal.
Reuters informs that more than one-fifth of Bulgaria's bank assets are owned by Greek banks.
Eurobank Bulgaria had assets worth BGN 5.9 B by end-March 2015 and its Q1 net profit stood at BGN 20.8 M.
Alpha Bank is the only one of all Greek banks functioning in Bulgaria to not operate as a subsidiary but as a branch, meaning that deposits at the bank are guaranteed by the Greek deposit guarantee scheme, according to reports of dnevnik.bg.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian National Bank Issuing a New Banknote
- » Ministry of Finance Offering Tax Relief for Home Renovation in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Economy Minister: New SME Grant of BGN 80 Million in September
- » Council of Ministers: BGN 20 Million Help Per Month for Working Families with Children in Bulgaria
- » NSI: Bulgarians Are Pessimistic About Their Income in the Next 12 Months
- » Record Decline: Euro Zones GDP Shrank by 14.4%