Jean Claude Juncker Visits Two Cyprus Communities
European Commission's President Jean Claude Juncker will be visiting Cyprus over the next two days.
His visit is a part of the efforts for a more active involvement of the EU into the resolution of the Cyprus dispute. Juncker will be meeting with leaders of the two Cyprus communities – Cyprus President Nikos Anastasiadis and President of the Republic f Northern Cyprus – Mustafa Akanci.
The EU representative will discuss how Cyprus could take advantage of the financial possibilities and investment plans that can stimulate economic growth through the ''Juncker program''. In his talks with Mustafa Akanci, Juncker will also discuss how the European Commission could further assist the Cyprus Turkish people and the final resolution of the dispute.
Government representatives will also have lunch at the UN controlled buffer zone in Nikozia.
"I am visiting Cyprus at a time when there is a unique opportunity to achieve a lasting, comprehensive settlement of the Cyprus issue," Juncker said in the statement. Energy questions and progress in the Cyprus talks will also feature high on the agenda."
Negotiations on the Cyprus dispute are set to continue. Both sides have agreed on the fact that the territory of the future Federal Cyprus will adopt the principles of the EU as well as its legislation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: We may Not Get a New Proposal
- » Belgrade: The Creation of the Serbian World is a Process that Cannot be Stopped
- » Former Albanian PM: The Bulgarian Veto does Not Block us, Rama is to Blame
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister Explained why Skopje Opposes the "French Proposal"
- » After the Western Balkans Meeting: There is Still 50% Chance of a Deal with Bulgaria
- » PM of North Macedonia in Brussels: The French Proposal is Unacceptable in this Version