Polish AmRest Becomes Official Owner of Starbucks Coffee Shops in Bulgaria
Polish company AmRest has officially acquired the sites of the Starbucks coffee chain in Bulgaria.
The deal was finalized a few days ago, according to Capital Daily.
Bulgaria’s Business Register cites AmRest Coffee as the owner of the business.
The information about the forthcoming deal was released in March.
The Polish company announced that it had acquired the Starbucks coffee chains in Bulgaria and Romania from Marinopoulos Coffee Company.
AmRest purchased 5 Starbucks sites in Bulgaria and 14 in Romania in a deal worth EUR 16.4 M.
The Polish company runs over 70 sites of Starbucks in Poland, the Czech Republic, and Hungary.
AmRest Coffee will have a new management team, including Mateusz Sielecki, Managing Director, and Jerzy Mularuk and Wojciech Mroczy?ski, members of the Board of Directors.
The Polish management team is also in charge of the Romanian business of Starbucks.
As the business of Starbucks in Bulgaria is small, the buyer did not need permission by Bulgaria’s Commission for Protection of Competition for the deal.
AmRest is the largest independent restaurant operator in Central and Eastern Europe, running over 850 restaurants.
The group holds the franchise rights for KFC, Burger King, Pizza Hut and other chains.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Price of Gas in Germany will Increase by about 2.5 Euro cents
- » Bulgaria: Unemployment remains at a Record Low - 4.2%
- » Moscow and Pyongyang will get Closer, Putin Promised Kim Jong-un
- » Bulgaria’s Energy Minister: A Decision on Negotiations with "Gazprom" can be Expected in a Week At the Earliest
- » The Average Salary in Bulgaria is BGN 1,730 (EUR 884) in the Second Quarter of 2022
- » Mayor Fandakova: The Heating Season for Sofia Residents will be Ensured