Dijsselbloem Re-elected Eurogoup President
Dutch Finance Minister Jeroen Dijsselbloem was re-elected Monday as president of the Eurogroup of euro zone finance ministers.
Dijsselbloem won another two-and-a-half-year term with the unanimous support of all Eurogroup members, according to a media statement of the EU Council.
The only other candidate for the post was Spain’s Economy Minister Luis de Guindos.
"I thank my colleagues for their support and cooperation and look forward to a second term as president of the Eurogroup," Dijsselbloem wrote on Twitter.
The announcement about Dijsselbloem’s re-election came hours after eurozone leaders reached agreement on a new bailout deal for Greece following months of negotiations in which the Eurogroup head played a key role.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Roberta Metsola Elected as President of the EP on her Birthday
- » From 1 February: Green certificates over 9 months become invalid for travel in Europe
- » Germany with new rules for people arriving from Bulgaria
- » The Austrian government has presented a bill on mandatory vaccination against COVID-19
- » The French Senate has approved Tighter Restrictions on the Unvaccinated
- » From Today the "Super Green Certificate" is Valid for almost all Activities in Italy