BRICS Leaders Issue Anti-Terrorism Declaration
The declaration signed by BRICS leaders, issued at their meeting in the Russian town of Ufa, is set on confirming the organization's unified vision on issues of international importance.
A number of analysts believe that this is a step in the direction of the organization aiming at increasing its role in resolving global issues.
The high-level representatives from Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa announced that they would encourage reforms in the UN and the International Monetary Fund (IMF). They also condemned one-way sanctions and opposed allocation of additional funds to already quite well-developed economies across the world.
Additionally, the leaders stated their opposition to the actions of Islamic State and called for countries to follow the Minsk agreement on Ukraine.
"We condemn in the strongest terms terrorism in all its forms and manifestations, the continued, widespread and grave abuses of human rights and violations of international humanitarian law committed by the so-called Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, Al-Nusrah Front and associated terrorist groups, and in particular the persecution of individuals and communities on the basis of their religion or ethnicity, as well all forms of violence against civilians, particularly women and children," the document states.
The 50-page declaration encompasses all hot issues in discussion across international communities – starting from the conflict in Syria, the wars in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Afghanistan , environmental issues, fighting corruption and drug trafficking.
- » Skype Is Finally Getting A Call Recording Feature
- » Elon Musk Apologises to Thai Cave Diver for Twitter Attack
- » EU to Hit Google with 4.3 Billion Euro Fine in Android Case
- » Amazon Workers Strike, Call For Prime Day Boycott To Protest Working Conditions
- » EU Law Enforcement and Google Take on Terrorist Propaganda in Latest EUROPOL Referral Action Days
- » Indonesian Villagers Kill nearly 300 Crocodiles in Revenge Attack