Bulgarian Criminal Group in London Smuggled BGN 1M Worth of Cash, Jewelry
The Sofia City Prosecutor's Office has received a signal from competent authorities of the UK and Northern Ireland on account of an ongoing investigation.
The procedure has been opened against Bulgarian citizens involved in organized criminal scheme across London, including smuggling, begging, human trafficking and wire transfers of suspicious funds to Bulgaria.
As a result, a preliminary investigation has been launched in Sofia on counts of money-laundering practices.
Officers have established that the suspects are currently holding bank safes in two Bulgarian banks.
After a search was executed, investigators have found cash in British pounds worth BGN 200,000, 721 pieces of golden jewelry, coins, diamonds, other precious stones, and expensive watches estimated at a total value of BGN 1 M.
Sofia City Court has issued an order for the bank accounts of the suspects to remain inactive during the process of investigation.
British authorities will be collaborating with their Bulgarian counterparts in the process.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria