Uber Appeals Fines by Competition Protection Commission in Bulgaria
Mere hours after the Commission for Protection of Competition (CPC) in Bulgaria announced that Uber will be fined by BGN 200,000, the company issued an official statement on the case.
''UBER Bulgaria will be appealing the decision of the CCP partly concerning the company on the issue raised by a taxi company aiming at limiting competition and citizens' freedom of choice,'' said Dimitar Radukov, CEO of Uber Bulgaria.
He added that alternative types of transportation such as joined travel offer a wider pool of choice for customers. Competition contributes for lowering the prices of services and improvements, Radukov said.
The reason the company was fined on Monday are breaching competition rules, refusal to pay the license fees required by a company that offers transport services to passengers, and failure to cooperate with Bulgarian authorities by providing information they requested.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Almost the Entire Management of "Bulgargaz" has been Replaced
- » North Macedonia to Introduce Electricity Saving Measures
- » Annual Inflation in Bulgaria for July Jumped above 17%
- » The Price of Gas in Germany will Increase by about 2.5 Euro cents
- » Bulgaria: Unemployment remains at a Record Low - 4.2%
- » Moscow and Pyongyang will get Closer, Putin Promised Kim Jong-un