Bulgaria's Rising Basketball Star Vezenkov Reportedly Joins Barcelona
Bulgaria's rising basketball star Aleksandar Vezenkov reportedly signed a four-year contract with Barcelona.
The 19-year-old power forward joins the Spanish club after spending four years at the Greek team Aris Thessaloniki, daily Dnevnik reports.
According to media reports, among the other clubs expressing interest towards Vezenkov were Olympiacos, Panathinaikos and Valencia.
However the Bulgarian, who also holds a Cypriot citizenship, opted for Barcelona as this was his preferred option.
Although Vezenkov has never lived in Bulgaria, he has regularly chosen to represent the country's national teams on both junior and senior levels.
Vezenkov signed for the NBA draft this year, but withdrew his application in the last moment after he was advised to gain some experience in a notable European club.
Thus, he will become the first Bulgarian to play for Barcelona, which is a regular participant in the Euroleague and one of the dominating teams in Spain along with eternal rivals Real Madrid.
- » Confirmed: Kubrat Pulev will Anthony Joshua on June 20 in London
- » Four-Time World Rhythmic Gymnastics Champion Tried to Commit Suicide
- » The World Athletics Indoor Championship was Postponed because of the Coronavirus
- » Grigor Dimitrov Dropped Out of the Australian Open after a Tough Game
- » Grigor Dimitrov Received a Marriage Proposal after his Big Win at the Australian Open
- » Georgi Yanev, Alexander Alexandrov and Anelia Dukova Winners of the ISCT 2020 Squash Tournament