Bulgaria's Rising Basketball Star Vezenkov Reportedly Joins Barcelona
Bulgaria's rising basketball star Aleksandar Vezenkov reportedly signed a four-year contract with Barcelona.
The 19-year-old power forward joins the Spanish club after spending four years at the Greek team Aris Thessaloniki, daily Dnevnik reports.
According to media reports, among the other clubs expressing interest towards Vezenkov were Olympiacos, Panathinaikos and Valencia.
However the Bulgarian, who also holds a Cypriot citizenship, opted for Barcelona as this was his preferred option.
Although Vezenkov has never lived in Bulgaria, he has regularly chosen to represent the country's national teams on both junior and senior levels.
Vezenkov signed for the NBA draft this year, but withdrew his application in the last moment after he was advised to gain some experience in a notable European club.
Thus, he will become the first Bulgarian to play for Barcelona, which is a regular participant in the Euroleague and one of the dominating teams in Spain along with eternal rivals Real Madrid.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Golden Girls Shine Bright at EChVarna 2021
- » Euro 2020 Begins in Rome with Emphatic Ceremony
- » Euro 2020 Starts off in Rome Today, Italy Hosts Turkey in First Match
- » Bulgaria Lost 0:3 to World Champion France in Paris
- » Russia Complains to Uefa over Ukraine's Euro 2020 Jersey with Crimea on It
- » EU Justice Ministers Caution against Sports-Related Violence during Euro2020