Bulgaria's Minimum Wage Goes Up
The national minimum wage in Bulgaria is BGN 380 as of July 1, up from BGN 360 (EUR 180).
With the move approved earlier this year - but unsuccessfully confronted by businesses - the government hopes to boost domestic consumption.
This puts the net income BGN 12 above what national statistics describe as the "poverty threshold" in Bulgaria.
Also on Wednesday, pensions are set to grow by 1.9%, with the minimum level reaching BGN 157.44 and new the maximum level being at BGN 910.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 81 new cases
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 123 New Cases
- » Chief Health Inspector Kunchev: High Mortality Rate from Covid-19 in Bulgaria Must Be Analysed
- » Bulgaria’s Chief Health Inspector Alerts to Insufficient Vaccination Rate
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 100 Newly Infected, 15 Fatalities
- » Hitchhockian Horror in Sofia – Crows Attack People