Draw Confirms Exclusion of CSKA, Lokomotiv Sofia from Bulgaria's A Group
The draw for the next season in Bulgaria's top professional football division – the A Group confirmed the exclusion of CSKA and Lokomotiv Sofia due to the two clubs' revoked licences.
The licences of the two clubs were revoked due to the teams being unable to make repayment of their outstanding debts.
The decision to exclude the two teams constitutes a precedent as they have always competed in the A Group since the establishment of the top football division.
Under its new format, the A Group will be comprised of ten teams, with each team playing against the other nine participants four times.
Thus, the A Group will consist of 36 rounds without play-offs, with the first matches commencing on July 18.
The opening round offers two derbies – the reigning champion Ludogorets travels to Lovech to face hosts Litex, while Botev Plovdiv will play against visitors from Levski Sofia.
- » World Cup 2018: Football Showpiece Set to Begin in Russia
- » USA, Canada and Mexico will Host 2026 World Cup
- » Russia’s World Cup Costs to Exceed $14Bln, Media Reports
- » Spain Fired its Coach a Day before the Start of the 2018 World Cup
- » Mirela Demireva made a Historic Jump in Stockholm
- » Ivet Lalova Won the 200m Race in Stockholm