Roma People Start Demolishing Illegal Residences Themselves
After they had been given an hour to leave their illegal residential buildings, Roma people in Garmen started demolishing their houses by themselves.
The first house was smashed at around 11:30, as reported by BGNES.
People are currently removing their possessions from some of the other buildings in the illegal Roma neighborhood.
Meanwhile, the area is currently surrounded by police officers, firefighters and ambulances. Close to a hundred people gathered in front of their homes and started calling out the name of the Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov. They said in interviews for journalists that they believed him to be the only person who could save them.
Close to 100 women and children gathered in one of the houses stating that they prefer to be ran over as opposed to losing their homes.
Bulldozers are scheduled to demolish the entire illegal living space by the end of the day, following the ethnic tensions in the region among Bulgarian and Roma people.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: MRF Will Not Support GERB for New Constitution and Grand National Assembly
- » Bulgaria: Chairman of Information Services - 4 Months is the Delivery of Voting Machines
- » Upholding the independence of the Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office: National Meeting on Monday
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet