Bulgaria Grabs Silver after Losing Men's Volleyball Final in Baku
The Bulgarian men's national volleyball team won a silver medal after losing the final against Germany at the First European Games in Baku.
Bulgaria lost 1-3 (16-25, 18-25, 31-29, 21-25) in a thrilling match on Sunday, offering a staunch resistance in the third set.
Nikolay Nikolov scored 14 points for Bulgaria, while his teammates Valentin Bratoev and Svetoslav Gotsev added 12 points each, but this was not enough for claiming the final victory.
Germany defeated Bulgaria for the second time at the games, having previously won 3-0 in their encounter in Pool B.
Thus, Bulgaria concluded its participation at the games with ten medals – one gold, four silver and five bronze.
The only gold medal for Bulgaria was claimed by sisters Stefani and Gabriela Stoevi, who won the women's doubles badminton competition on Saturday.
Several hours before the official closing ceremony of the European Games, Bulgaria occupies 27th place in the medal ranking.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Fights to Come Through in Four Sets Against Pablo Cuevas
- » Grigor Dimitrov Reaches the 2nd Round of the Australian Open
- » Club from the Premier League and Two from the Championship want Bulgarian Footballer of the Year
- » Three British Clubs Interested in Emerging Bulgarian Football Star Despodov
- » Novak Djokovic Will Arrive in Bulgaria For Sofia Open 2019
- » FIVB Confirmed! Brazil Standing on the Way of Bulgaria for Tokyo 2020