Bulgaria Grabs Silver after Losing Men's Volleyball Final in Baku
The Bulgarian men's national volleyball team won a silver medal after losing the final against Germany at the First European Games in Baku.
Bulgaria lost 1-3 (16-25, 18-25, 31-29, 21-25) in a thrilling match on Sunday, offering a staunch resistance in the third set.
Nikolay Nikolov scored 14 points for Bulgaria, while his teammates Valentin Bratoev and Svetoslav Gotsev added 12 points each, but this was not enough for claiming the final victory.
Germany defeated Bulgaria for the second time at the games, having previously won 3-0 in their encounter in Pool B.
Thus, Bulgaria concluded its participation at the games with ten medals – one gold, four silver and five bronze.
The only gold medal for Bulgaria was claimed by sisters Stefani and Gabriela Stoevi, who won the women's doubles badminton competition on Saturday.
Several hours before the official closing ceremony of the European Games, Bulgaria occupies 27th place in the medal ranking.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost in the First Round in Geneva
- » Three-Time Formula 1 World Champion Niki Lauda has Died at the Age of 70
- » Police in Sofia with Extraordinary Measures due to the Football Derby between Levski and CSKA
- » Grigor Dimitrov Climbed One Place In The ATP World Rankings
- » Ivet Lalova Took First Place In The 200-Meter Race In Osaka
- » Grigor Dimitrov Won his First Match in Geneva