Rally Driver Dies, Co-Driver Injured after Heavy Crash Near Bulgaria's Tvarditsa
Driver Todor Slavov died after suffering a heavy car crash at the Tvarditsa-Elena rally racing, which was taking place in Bulgaria over the weekend.
The incident happened shortly after the start of the second and last day of the rally on Sunday, 6-7 kilometres after Tvarditsa in the direction of the town of Elena.
After their car was cut wide-open, Slavov and his co-driver Petar Iliev were taken to the hospital in Sliven, from where they should have been transported to Sofia by helicopter.
Slavov was placed under assisted breathing, but despite the efforts of the doctors, he died.
According to latest information, the condition of Iliev has been stabilised and there is no threat for his life.
The organisers have immediately suspended the race.
- » Collapse in the Information System Hampered the Operation of Sofia Airport
- » Plane Made Emergency Landing at Sofia Airport, a Passenger Passed Away
- » Migrants Claim Bulgarian Police Beat Them
- » Stray Dogs Attacked a Child in the Center of Haskovo
- » Young French Woman Hanged herself in the Center of Lovech
- » Indonesia Lion Air Jet’s Flight Recorder Found 3 Days After Crash