No Extension to Greek Bailout after June 30, Eurogroup Says
Eurozone Finance Ministers have turned down a request by Greece to continue its bailout program beyong June 30.
Tensions between Greece and the rest of the Eurozone soared after PM Alexis Tsipras called in a referendum on July 5 so that Greeks have their final say on the international lenders' latest bailout proposal.
The Eurozone has been one of the three creditors of Greece as the country is still grappling with a debt crisis and its impact on the economy and society.
If Greece does not pay a loan installment by June 30 it is facing default and possibly and exit from the single-currency area.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Macron: Thank you Bulgaria, Congratulations North Macedonia
- » "This is your European Duty": Macron urges Bulgaria to Support the Veto Compromise on North Macedonia
- » Greece is Proposing 2033 as the Deadline for the Western Balkans to Join the EU
- » Borrell Disappointed with the ongoing Veto on North Macedonia
- » 49% of Bulgarians have a Positive View of the EU but with a Drop of 2 Points since the End of 2021
- » EU Commissioner: By Adopting the Euro Bulgarians will have their Voices Heard