Bulgarian Movie "Losers" Claims Main Prize at Moscow International Film Festival
The Bulgarian movie “Losers” was awarded on Friday the main prize at the 37th edition of the Moscow International Film Festival (MIFF).
The Golden George prize was awarded to director Ivaylo Hristov by the president of the jury Jean-Jacques Annaud, TASS news agency reports.
The movie, which was in competition with eleven other films for the main prize, tells the story of a secondary school student and his life as a loser in a small provincial Bulgarian town.
In 2008, the Bulgarian movie “Zift”, directed by Javor Gardev, was awarded the second prize of the festival – Silver George for Best Film and Best Director at the 30th edition of MIFF.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Apollonia Arts Festival - 1-6 September, Sozopol
- » Burgas Sand Sculptures Festival: Fairy Tales and Film Characters
- » June 25, Bulgaria: Sofia Film Fest Begins
- » Sofia Opera with Performances at Pacharevo Lake
- » Open-Air Art Installation from Bulgarian Letters in Berlin
- » Bloomsday 2020 Becomes Virtual and Sofia Becomes Dublin in One Day