Bulgarian Movie "Losers" Claims Main Prize at Moscow International Film Festival
The Bulgarian movie “Losers” was awarded on Friday the main prize at the 37th edition of the Moscow International Film Festival (MIFF).
The Golden George prize was awarded to director Ivaylo Hristov by the president of the jury Jean-Jacques Annaud, TASS news agency reports.
The movie, which was in competition with eleven other films for the main prize, tells the story of a secondary school student and his life as a loser in a small provincial Bulgarian town.
In 2008, the Bulgarian movie “Zift”, directed by Javor Gardev, was awarded the second prize of the festival – Silver George for Best Film and Best Director at the 30th edition of MIFF.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » New Book: Sofia – The City of Birds
- » Varna Summer International Theater Festival Kicks off Online
- » Bulgarian Church Honors St. Kliment Ochridski Today
- » Bulgarian Ballerina Anna Pampulova: I Can’t Stop Exploring Dance
- » Bulgarians Celebrate St. Catherine’s Day
- » “Home Alone” More Relevant Than Ever: WHO Recommends Online Christmas Celebrations