Suicide Bomb Explodes at Shia Mosque in Kuwait, Leaves Several People Dead
A suicide bomb attack, which exploded at a Shia mosque in the capital of Kuwait - Kuwait City on Friday left several people dead.
According to some reports, at least eight people were killed and injuring several others in the suicide attack, which came after the Friday prayers, Al Jazeera reports.
Other media report that the number of victims varied between four and thirteen, with the death toll expected to rise as several of the casualties were in critical condition, the BBC informs.
Militants affiliated with Islamic State (IS) claimed responsibility for the attack at the Imam Sadiq mosque, which is located just a few buildings away from the country's interior ministry.
Kuwaiti Emir Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah visited the site of the attack and an emergency session of parliament was called.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Poland: The Biggest Protest in Warsaw so far Against Abortion Ruling
- » Coronavirus Global Count Surpasses 45 Million
- » European TAS and Canadian NorthStar Begin Work on Collision Control Satellite System
- » EC: Informed Decision-Making, Effective Vaccination, Safe Travel in Fight Against Coronavirus
- » Spain Closes 4 More Regions Amid Worsening COVID-19 Situation
- » French President Macron: New Lockdown Rules, People Fill Out Forms to Leave Their Homes