At Least 27 Killed as Gunmen Target Tourist Hotel in Tunisia
At least 27 people were killed and several injured as gunmen targeted a tourist hotel near the Tunisian resort city of Sousse on Friday.
The interior ministry informed that a "terrorist attack" was ongoing, with at least one gunman shot dead and another being pursued by security forces, the BBC reports.
Local media report that the gunmen might have specifically targeted tourists at the resort, with most of the victims being identified as foreign tourists, Al Jazeera informs.
A local radio stated that the targeted hotel was Imperial Marhaba, while others claim that the attack took place on a beach near two hotels.
Tunisia has been on high alert since March, when terrorists attacked the Bardo National Museum in the capital of Tunis and killed 22 people, who were mainly foreign tourists.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 130 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The Last Bastion in the East may Fall
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: The Macedonian Language will become Official in the EU
- » Day 129 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv accused Russia of shelling Snake Island with Phosphorus Bombs
- » Google will Delete the Location of Women who visited Abortion Clinics in the US
- » NATO and the EU Fully Support Bulgaria after the Expulsion of 70 Russian Diplomats
- » Day 128 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Casualties in Odessa after Rocket Attack