One Decapitated in France Islamist Assault, Suspect Arrested
A man has been decapitated and several others have been injured in an alleged Islamist attack in Grenoble, France.
Some sources now say the perpetrator has been arrested.
An attacker was reportedly carrying an Islamic flag, legal sources are quoted by AFP as saying. What text (if any actually) there was on the Islamic flag is so far unknown. Some sources claim it was a "Daesh" (Islamic State) flag.
He reportedly drove into the factory in a vehicle, opened gas bottles and thus triggered an explosion.
France 24 TV station cits regional daily Le Dauphin? Lib?re which wrote Friday morning that the attacker entered the factory claiming he belonged to the Sunni militants called Islamic State (IS). The same daily wrote the head of the decapitated man was placed on the fence of the factory.
Police confirm that an individual was "decapitated" upon arrival. So far there have been no official comments from the Interior Ministry, but Minister Bernard Cazeneuve is traveling to the site.
The incident happened just before 10:00 local time, as employees were coming in to start work.
The chemical factory attacked is linked to a French company called Air Products which works with Total and specializes in liquid gas.
This comes less than half a year after the Charlie Hebdo attack in Paris.
More to follow.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Poland: The Biggest Protest in Warsaw so far Against Abortion Ruling
- » EC: Informed Decision-Making, Effective Vaccination, Safe Travel in Fight Against Coronavirus
- » Spain Closes 4 More Regions Amid Worsening COVID-19 Situation
- » French President Macron: New Lockdown Rules, People Fill Out Forms to Leave Their Homes
- » Germany Registers 16 000 Coronavirus Cases - Highest Daily Increase Since the Pandemic
- » COVID-19: France Considering Re-Introducing of Self-Isolation