Lukoil Blames Oil Spill Near Burgas on Theft Attempt
The broken pipeline of Lukoil Neftochim near Burgas has most probably been affected by an attempt for a theft.
The announcement was made by the company's Chair of the Borad, Sergey Andronov in an interview for the Russian information agency TASS.
''The incident with the highway pipeline has happened in an attempt for a criminal intervention and theft of fuel,'' Andronov said.
Experts at the refinery facility have reached the damaged portion of the pipe on Friday and have established signs of an external intervention. Police officers are also on location and have launched an investigation on the case.
Andronov further stated that a lawsuit will be filed against the culprits on account of the damages suffered by the company.
Approximately 30 tons of fuel flew into the nearby rivers and protected territories. As a result the company was fined by BGN 100,000 and it is fully responsible for dealing with the consequences of the spill.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » American Tankers came and the Price of Gas in Europe fell Sharply
- » Bulgarian PM: There Won’t be any New Electricity Prices for Household Consumers
- » Bulgarian Expert: The Price of Gasoline can Reach BGN 3
- » Bulgaria: Will we reach the psychological barrier of BGN 3 per liter of gasoline and diesel
- » National Security and Police are doing an Inspection in Bulgargaz
- » Bulgarian Military Plant “Arsenal” Shuts Down for a Month due to Expensive Electricity