Lukoil Blames Oil Spill Near Burgas on Theft Attempt
The broken pipeline of Lukoil Neftochim near Burgas has most probably been affected by an attempt for a theft.
The announcement was made by the company's Chair of the Borad, Sergey Andronov in an interview for the Russian information agency TASS.
''The incident with the highway pipeline has happened in an attempt for a criminal intervention and theft of fuel,'' Andronov said.
Experts at the refinery facility have reached the damaged portion of the pipe on Friday and have established signs of an external intervention. Police officers are also on location and have launched an investigation on the case.
Andronov further stated that a lawsuit will be filed against the culprits on account of the damages suffered by the company.
Approximately 30 tons of fuel flew into the nearby rivers and protected territories. As a result the company was fined by BGN 100,000 and it is fully responsible for dealing with the consequences of the spill.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Power Industry Gears up for Green Technologies
- » IEA: Global CO2 Emissions Rise to Worrying Levels after Historic Decline in 2020
- » Clean Energy: Bulgaria between Two Difficult Choices
- » Bulgaria Ranks 8th in EU in Electricity Generated by NPP
- » ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 TPP Provided Emergency Repair of the Oxygen Supply System at the Municipal Hospital in Galabovo
- » Bulgaria Mulls Building Small Nuclear Reactor