Bulgarian Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Remains Undefeated at Norway Chess
The Bulgarian chess grandmaster Veselin Topalov recorded his second victory at the Norway Chess Supertournament, which is taking place in Stavanger between June 15 and 26.
In the third round, Topalov, who played with the black pieces, defeated the French Maxime Vachier-Lagrave, forcing his opponent to retire after 28 moves.
Thus, the Bulgarian remains undefeated at the tournament, having beaten world chess champion Magnus Carlsen in the opening round and drawing with Hikaru Nakamura in the second round.
Currently, the Bulgarian shares the top position in the ranking with Nakamura, each of them having earned 2.5 points.
In the next round, which starts on Friday, Topalov will face Aronian Levon from Armenia, the Bulgarian starting with the white pieces.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » How New Technologies Help Sport Fans Around the World
- » Bulgaria: Stadiums Open to the Public in Compliance with Strict Measures
- » Police Officers Took Grigor Dimitrov's Driver License in Monaco
- » Sport Events in Bulgaria Without Audience Until August 31
- » Alexandar Georgiev to Be Only Bulgarian-Born Player in Revised NHL Playoffs
- » Online Casinos: Top Reasons Why Casinos Are The Best In The UK