Greek Foreign Minister Kotzias Notes Strategic Importance of Balkan Gas Interconnection
The construction of a vertical gas corridor that will be connecting Bulgaria, Greece and Romania was one of the topics discussed at the meeting of Bulgarian Foreign minister Daniel Mitov and his Greek counterpart Nikos Kotzias, BGNES reported.
Kotzias assured that the agreement will surely be completed. He noted that Athens recognizes the strategic importance of the project and has unanimously voted in favor of the decision.
''We will move the issue forward,'' Kotzias stated at a local news conference. '' The hub is of key importance for the energy security of the region and as an element of the new energy policy of the EU along its borders.''
During their meeting, Mitov and Kotzias also discussed other bilateral and regional issues. The Greek Foreign Minister stated that the foreign policy of the region needs to be based on legislative norms and the culture of compromise shared across the EU.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Serbia Bolsters Border Security, Plans Increased Police Presence along Bulgaria Border
- » Skopje's Diplomatic Tangle: Blinken and Gabriel Depart as Lavrov Arrives
- » EU's Borrell Urges North Macedonia's Constitutional Amendment Completion
- » Serbian President: Bulgarians are Resentful because We are More Popular in North Macedonia
- » Ethnic Inclusion Debate: Macedonian Court Supports Rights for Bulgarian Minority
- » North Macedonia's Opposition Contemplates Scrapping Bulgarian Agreement