Close to 30 Tons of Fuel Spilled Near Burgas
Between 10 and 30 tons of fuel have flown out of a broken pipe of Lukoil Neftohim along the Dolno Ezerovo-Bratovo road. The fuel then reached Chukarliiska River and the lake of Vaya.
The Burgas Mayor Dimitar Nikolov issued an order for the road to the location to be closed. The reason is the eminent danger of fire or air poisoning on account of the vaporized fuel.
Bulgarian Minister of Environment and Waters, Ivelina Vasileva stated that the extent of the pollution is now being established.
''According to the information made available by the colleagues of the Burgas administration, the Chukarliiska River has been affected, as well as the lake of Vaya,'' Vasileva explained in an interview for Fucus news agency. '' They are protected territories so there is a danger for their animal and plant inhabitats.''
In her words, the fuel transmission along the broken pipe has been stopped so as to avoid further damage.
Additionally, Lukoil Neftochim will be fined on account of the ecological and other damages. Vasileva stated that all necessary measures are now being taken to prevent further pollution. The minister is now travelling towards Burgas to get more acquainted with the situation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Fatal Accident on Trakia Motorway, Fuel Tanker Driver Burnt Like Torch
- » Earthquake Measuring 3,5 Registered in Blagoevgrad Region
- » Series of Earthquakes Rock Southern Greece
- » Man Opened Fire At Police in Moscow Suburb Found Dead - TASS
- » Another Spy Scandal in EU: Navy Captain Arrested in Italy after Secret Meeting with Russian Diplomat
- » Tanzania Stampede Leaves 45 Dead as Mourners Bid Farewell to Late President