Former Turkish President, PM Demirel Dies at 90
Former Turkish President Suleyman Demirel died early on Wednesday morning at the age of 90.
Demirel was treated for a respiratory tract infection at the Guven Hospital in Ankara, the BBC reports.
Demirel served as the ninth President of Turkey between 1993 and 2000, had several terms as prime minister and his government was twice deposed by the military.
Demirel led the Justice Party between 1964 and 1990 and was temporarily banned from politics for seven years after a military coup in 1980.
- » Stephen Ditko, co-creator of Spider-Man and Doctor Strange, Dead at 90
- » The Head of the Chinese Company, which Won the Concession of Plovdiv Airport, has Passed Away
- » The Popular Bulgarian Historian Professor Bozhidar Dimitrov has Passed Away
- » The Great Bulgarian Director and Animator Rumen Petkov has Died
- » Swedish DJ Avicii Dies Aged 28
- » US First Lady Barbara Bush Dies at Age 92