Russia to Boost Nuclear Forces with 40 New Intercontinental Missiles
Russian President Vladimir Putin announced on Tuesday that the country will boost its nuclear forces with forty new intercontinental ballistic missiles.
Putin stated that the missiles will be capable to overcome even the most technically sophisticated missile defence system, TASS news agency reports.
The president said this at an opening ceremony of the 2015 international military-technical forum of the Russian army.
Putin also revealed that the trials of a new over-horizon radar system for air target detection designated for operation in the western direction will begin soon.
Work on the creation of a similar radar system for the eastern direction will start in 2015, while a new radar station became operational in the south of the country in April.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Putin: Start Mass Vaccination against COVID-19 in Russia Next Week
- » Russia – The 5th Most Popular Bitcoin Investments Destination
- » Moscow Imposes New COVID-19 Rules for Bars and Discos
- » A Large-Scale Protest of the Opposition Will Take Place in Moscow
- » 26 Independent Candidates Enter the Moscow Parliament
- » Russia Urged Europe to Clarify its Position on the Iranian Nuclear Agreement