Who Is Who: Selahattin Demirta?, Co-Leader of People's Democracy Party
Selahattin Demirta?, the co-leader of the left-wing pro-Kurdish People's Democracy Party (HDP), was born on April 10, 1973 in Palu, Elazig.
He graduated from Law School at Ankara University.
After completing his university degree he worked as a freelance lawyer for some time before becoming a member of the executive committee of the Diyarbak?r Branch of the Human Rights Association (IHD).
Demirta? is among the founding members of the Turkish Human Rights Association (TIHV) and the Diyarbak?r post of Amnesty International.
Demirta? was elected to the Turkish parliament in the 2007 election as a representative for Diyarbakir and the Democratic Society Party (DTP).
When the DTP was banned in 2009, Demirta? and the other DTP MPs formed the Peace and Democracy Party (BDP) and he was elected one of its two co-chairs.
In 2011 he was reelected to parliament.
He became the co-leader of the People's Democracy Party (HDP) in June 2014.
Demirta? is married to Ba?ak Demirta? and is the father of two young girls, Delal and D?lda.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis