Bulgarian Producers of Oil-Bearing Rose to Get Support under Rural Development Program 2014-2020
Producers of the traditional Bulgarian oil-bearing species of rose will receive additional support via compensatory payments under the Rural Development Program 2014-2020 for the first time, according to Agriculture Minister Desislava Taneva.
Speaking Sunday in Kazanlak, where she participated in the 112th edition of the Rose Festival in Kazanlak, Taneva announced that producers of rose oil would receive BGN 100 per decare in additional aid as of 2014.
She explained that additional funding had been earmarked for producers of the traditional Bulgarian species of rose.
Taneva, as cited by dnevnik.bg, underscored that there was a lasting upward trend in the total area planted in Bulgarian oil-bearing rose.
She emphasized that the production of Bulgarian rose oil satisfied 40% of global demand for the commodity.
Bulgaria’s Agriculture Minister went on to say that apart from that, rose-growers could apply for funding under six measures of the Rural Development Program.
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, who also attended the opening of the festival, expressed his hope that the government would increase support for rose production.
He also praised the efforts of the local authorities to get the Rose Festival inscribed on the UNESCO List of Intangible Cultural Heritage.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria