Revenues of Bulgaria’s Kozloduy NPP to Increase by BGN 56 M after Upgrade
The revenues of Bulgaria’s Kozloduy nuclear power plant will increase by BGN 56 M after units 5 and 6 see their capacity increased by 4% to 104%, according to calculations of Nikita Hristov, senior nuclear energy expert at Risk Engineering.
He said that the Kozloduy NPP was expected to report an increase in revenues due to the larger amount of electricity that it would produce after the upgrade, according to reports of econ.bg.
The expert made clear that the increase in the capacity of the two N-plant units was part of their life extension programs.
He pointed out that the upgrade would boost the total capacity of the Kozloduy NPP from the current rate of 2000 MW to 2080 MW.
“The units function 8760 hours a year, meaning that their output will increase by 700.8 MW/h from the current level,” Hristov stated.
He said that the Kozloduy NPP was expected to see its revenues go up by BGN 56.064 M, provided that these quantities of electricity were sold on the free market, where the price of 1 MH/h stood at around BGN 80 at present.
The expert insisted that the NPPs which Turkey was building would not be rivals to Bulgaria’s Kozloduy NPP as their output was expected to go to domestic needs and not exports.
He reminded that Turkey had said it would need an extra 80 000 MW by 2050.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov Inspected the Construction of the Interconnector with Greece
- » Bulgaria-Greece Gas Pipeline Has Exploded - No Injuries
- » Bulgarian Deputies Decided: The State Builds 100 Gas Stations
- » Gas Supplies to Bulgaria From Turkey Will Be Suspended Until The End Of The Week
- » Power Engineers: The People On The Other Side Of The Light
- » Udeclared Fuel Cost a Quarter of a Billion Euros to the Bulgarian Budget