Julian Popov for FT: Southeast Europe Can Become Champion of Clean Energy
With a great renewable energy potential and a booming IT sector Southeast Europe can position itself as a champion of clean energy and new technology, former Bulgarian Environment Minister Julian Popov has opined.
“If the Balkan countries step back from their old dreams of energy supremacy and act with more transparency and entrepreneurial spirit, they could leapfrog into the future of interconnected, clean and efficient energy use,” Popov writes in an opinion piece published by the Financial Times on Friday.
By focusing its efforts on new technology and clean energy the region could boost its economy and security and make “a significant contribution to European competitiveness and climate goals,” Popov says in the article which you can read here.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Lawyer Nikolay Hadjigenov: Change Can Only be Made by Force. The Legal and Proper Way is a National Strike in Bulgaria
- » Too Many Spies: "Ungrateful Bulgaria" in the Eyes of Russian Media
- » Will There Be a Second Wave of Coronavirus Infections?
- » Russians Watch the American Protests as Clouds Gather at Home, Ilya Klishin
- » Emil Harsev: Volkswagen Has Not Given Up on Turkey
- » Opinion: Bulgaria Needs to Take a Position on Syria