Prof. Steve Hanke: Venezuela "Dangerously Close" to Hyperinflation
Venezuela is "dangerously close" to hyperinflation with its inflation rate currently at 45% per month, Prof. Steve Hanke has opined.
"If inflation moves much higher, the legacy of Hugo Chavez's Bolivarian Revolution will be that Venezuela joins the rather select hyperinflation club as the 57th member," Prof. Hanke wrote in a blog.
You can read the full text of the blog "Venezuela: Not Hyperinflating -- Yet" here.
- » Will Bulgaria Become Europe’s Next Gas Hub?
- » Eastern Europe Experiencing Deep Demographic Crisis
- » Bloomberg: Bulgaria Blames ‘Constantly Changing' Demands for Euro Delay
- » The GDPR Chaos in Bulgaria
- » Reuters: Bulgaria will take at least Three more Years to Join Euro Zone - EU's Dombrovskis
- » Industry Watch: Although Investments in Bulgaria are Increasing, after 2009 the Investment Activity is Weak