Bulgaria C-Bank Governor Reportedly Pledges to Quit on 19 June - BGNES
Bulgaria’s central bank governor Ivan Iskrov has said he will resign on 19 June, BGNES reported on Thursday.
“Iskrov has said he will step down the moment we submit a nomination for Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) governor,” the news outlet quoted the head of the parliament’s budget and finance committee, Menda Stoyanova, as saying.
“We set 19 June as the date jointly with him,” Stoyanova said, adding Iskrov made the statement in an informal conversation with her last week.
Stoyanova told Bulgaria on Air TV station on Wednesday that the name of Iskrov's potential successor could possibly become known by July 1.
No comment from Iskrov has been immediately available.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Revenue Growth of nearly 13%
- » Vestbee launches New Program to Support Cleantech Startups
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister: Next Year the Minimum Wage should become BGN 940
- » Bulgarian National Bank: Incompetent and Irresponsible Statements! Changing the BGN-EUR Exchange Rate is Impossible
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Minister: There is No Risk of Bankruptcy
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Ministry will propose Budget 2023 with a 3% Deficit, Tax Changes and Spending Cuts