Bulgaria C-Bank Governor Reportedly Pledges to Quit on 19 June - BGNES
Bulgaria’s central bank governor Ivan Iskrov has said he will resign on 19 June, BGNES reported on Thursday.
“Iskrov has said he will step down the moment we submit a nomination for Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) governor,” the news outlet quoted the head of the parliament’s budget and finance committee, Menda Stoyanova, as saying.
“We set 19 June as the date jointly with him,” Stoyanova said, adding Iskrov made the statement in an informal conversation with her last week.
Stoyanova told Bulgaria on Air TV station on Wednesday that the name of Iskrov's potential successor could possibly become known by July 1.
No comment from Iskrov has been immediately available.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Bulgarian National Bank has doubled the Main Interest Rate
- » CFD Trading in 2023: What do you Need to Know?
- » Standard & Poor's confirmed Bulgaria's credit rating
- » Fitch Ratings confirmed Bulgaria's 'BBB' rating with a Positive Outlook
- » Annual Inflation in Bulgaria decreased by 1%
- » National online Vote will determine the Design of the Euro Coins in Bulgaria