Antigua and Barbuda to Open Honorary Consulate in Bulgaria
Bulgaria’s government on Wednesday gave the green light to Antigua and Barbuda to open a honorary consulate in Sofia.
Law professor Ivan Todorov will act as honorary consul of the Carribean island nation.
The appointment of a honorary consul is expected to enhance contacts with Antigua and Barbuda and contribute to the development of bilateral relations in areas of mutual interest, the government said in a statement.
Antigua and Barbuda located in the eastern Caribbean Sea on the boundary with the Atlantic Ocean, comprises two major inhabited islands, Antigua and Barbuda. For nearly 350 years, the islands were part of the British Empire. Tourism is the main source of revenue of Antigua and Barbuda’s economy.
- » The Berlin Process in Sofia will be a Mini-presidency Focusing only on Western Balkans
- » Minister Marinov: The Development of Cross-Border Cooperation is an Important Factor in Guaranteeing the Security of European Citizens
- » Ekaterina Zaharieva Opened the Traditional Ambassador Conference in Sofia
- » Serbian Politician: Bulgarian Intelligence Officers Hinder Agreement with Kosovo
- » New Balkan Diplomatic Scandal Involving Bulgarian PM Borisov
- » 46 out 48 Projects Successfully Completed Within the Cooperation between Bulgaria and Macedonia