Bulgarian Actress Stoyanka Mutafova Honored by Lady Diana Foundation
Stoyanka Mutafova is the first Bulgarian actress to receive a honorable mention certificate from the Diana Memorial Fund. She will be noted for her exceptional contribution to the theater art.
Among the other honorable award winners are Sean Connery, Peter O' Toole and Lynn Redgrave.
The official ceremony will be held on June 7 at the Sofia Satirical Theater following the play ''The Golden Calf''.
The Lady Diana Memorial Fund has been established back in 1997 and has been recognized by the Queen of England, Elizabeth II as well as by the entire royal family. Its main purpose is to support humanitarian efforts throughout the world in honor of the legacy of the tragically deceased Lady Diana.
Throughout the years, the foundation has also supported the charity concert held at the Varna Summer Theater. It helped raise funds for the people affected by the floods in Bulgaria over the course of 2014.
- » New Movie of Bulgarian Animation Artist Theodore Ushev, The Physics of Sorrow, has been Shortlisted for the Oscar Awards
- » UNESCO Added the Turkmen Rugs to its Intangible Cultural Heritage List
- » Bulgarians Have Received an European Award for Development in the Film Industry
- » Bulgarian Movie Won the Best Picture Award at the Cottbus Film Festival in Germany
- » A Turkish Court Ruling Could Turn Saint Sofia into a Mosque
- » Bulgaria Celebrates the Day of the Bulgarian National Revival Leaders