Macedonian Political Leaders Agree to Hold Early Election by End-April 2016, Hahn Says
Macedonian political leaders have agreed that early parliamentary elections should be held by the end of April next year, EU Commissioner for European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations, Johannes Hahn, said on Tuesday.
Hahn attended a meeting of the leaders of the four biggest political parties in Macedonia - VMRO-DPMNE of Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski, opposition SDSM of Zoran Zaev, DUI of Ali Ahmeti and DPA of Menduh Thaci.
Emerging from the meeting in Skopje aimed at finding a solution to the political crisis in Macedonia, Hahn told reporters that changes to the election law and voting lists should be made during the 10-month transition period until the vote, according to Macedonian media reports.
Hahn also said a new meeting in the same format is to be held in Brussels next week to discuss details of today's agreement.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Injured Police Officers and Detainees at EuroPride in Serbia
- » North Macedonia’s President: Only Macedonians with Low Self-Esteem are Afraid of "Bulgarianization"
- » Macedonian Foreign Minister: Negotiations with Bulgaria Ended with 3:1 for North Macedonia
- » Vucic: I Don't Know How to Solve the Problem, but I will Not Recognize Kosovo
- » No One in the Macedonian Government is Satisfied by the Compromise with Bulgaria
- » The Serbian Church Awarded the War Criminal Vojislav Seselj