Bulgaria Customs Agency Launches Inspection at Lukoil Neftochim
Customs agency head Vanyo Tanov has said authorities are now inspecting Lukoil Neftochim over accusations of price rigging hurled in a report.
Last week the Risk Management Lab, a think-tank headed by former Prime Minister (1997-2001) claimed that for 8 years Lukoil Bulgaria had been manipulating prices of the Urals crude imported for its Bulgaria-based facility in Burgas.
The company disputed this, threatening it would take Kostov to court. The latter for his part demanded that his think-tank be granted access to crude import contracts sealed by Lukoil, adding his calculations were based on data submitted to the Customs Agency.
Tanov on Monday told private national NOVA TV station an inspection had to be carried out by the National Revenue Agency (NAP) as well.
In his words, an audit will also be needed to confirm or refute suggestions by Kostov. "Only [by using] data from one of the institutions a precise conclusion cannot be made," Tanov said.
- » Temenuzhka Petkova: Bulgaria will Continue to Rely on its Coal Plants
- » Renewable Energy Accounted for 21% of the Total Energy Used for Heating and Cooling in the EU
- » Energy expert Ilian Vasilev: Maritsa East – 2 TPP has a future
- » 5 Companies Confirmed their Offers for Belene NPP
- » The ‘American’ TPPs – Important Investors or Public Enemy
- » BNR: US Energy Experts Visit Bulgaria’s Energy Enterprises