Bulgaria Customs Agency Launches Inspection at Lukoil Neftochim
Customs agency head Vanyo Tanov has said authorities are now inspecting Lukoil Neftochim over accusations of price rigging hurled in a report.
Last week the Risk Management Lab, a think-tank headed by former Prime Minister (1997-2001) claimed that for 8 years Lukoil Bulgaria had been manipulating prices of the Urals crude imported for its Bulgaria-based facility in Burgas.
The company disputed this, threatening it would take Kostov to court. The latter for his part demanded that his think-tank be granted access to crude import contracts sealed by Lukoil, adding his calculations were based on data submitted to the Customs Agency.
Tanov on Monday told private national NOVA TV station an inspection had to be carried out by the National Revenue Agency (NAP) as well.
In his words, an audit will also be needed to confirm or refute suggestions by Kostov. "Only [by using] data from one of the institutions a precise conclusion cannot be made," Tanov said.
- » 45 Years since Kozloduy NPP Was Put into Operation
- » 55 Nuclear Reactors Are under Construction in the World
- » Gazprom Expects a Reduction in Gas Exports to Europe
- » Democratic Bulgaria Coalition Expects EU Commission to Prevent Construction of Belene NPP
- » Bulgaria's HPP Chaira Extends Unplanned Outage of Unit
- » Energy Minister: 13 Applications Submitted for Participation in Belene NPP Project