Bulgaria Customs Agency Launches Inspection at Lukoil Neftochim
Customs agency head Vanyo Tanov has said authorities are now inspecting Lukoil Neftochim over accusations of price rigging hurled in a report.
Last week the Risk Management Lab, a think-tank headed by former Prime Minister (1997-2001) claimed that for 8 years Lukoil Bulgaria had been manipulating prices of the Urals crude imported for its Bulgaria-based facility in Burgas.
The company disputed this, threatening it would take Kostov to court. The latter for his part demanded that his think-tank be granted access to crude import contracts sealed by Lukoil, adding his calculations were based on data submitted to the Customs Agency.
Tanov on Monday told private national NOVA TV station an inspection had to be carried out by the National Revenue Agency (NAP) as well.
In his words, an audit will also be needed to confirm or refute suggestions by Kostov. "Only [by using] data from one of the institutions a precise conclusion cannot be made," Tanov said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Sad Anniversary: Bulgaria’s Energy System Collapsed on Friday 13th 1978
- » ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 TPP Produced Nearly 11 Percent of the Electricity in Bulgaria for 2020
- » Bulgaria: Forecasts for Record Drop in Power Generation Proved Right
- » Bulgaria: Heating Companies Agree to Provide More Information to Consumers
- » Record Low Power Consumption on New Year Holidays in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria-Greece Gas Interconnector Changes Balkan Gas Supplies Map