Cherno More Varna Wins Bulgarian Cup after 2:1 vs Levski Sofia
Cherno More Varna defeated Levski Sofia 2:1 after extra time to win the Bulgarian Cup before 16,000 spectators at Lazur stadium in Burgas on Saturday night.
Cherno More defender Stenio dos Santos was shown a second yellow card in the 39th minute, leaving the Varna team with 10 players.
Antonio Anete scored 1:0 for Levski 72 minutes into the game before Bakary levelled two minutes into the overtime.
Mathias Coureur broke through Levski defence to score the winning second goal for Cherno More in the 118th minute.
Levski and Cherno More faced each other for the first time in the final race for the Bulgarian Cup, according to statistics released by gong.bg.
Today's victory - Cherno More's first in the Bulgarian Cup competition - will allow the team to play in the Euro League this summer, starting from the second qualifying round.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Who Are Bulgaria’s Opponents in Their Euro 2024 Qualifying Campaign?
- » Russia received an Invitation to Play in the Central Asian Football Association
- » Djokovic was not Allowed into the US without a COVID-19 Vaccine
- » Bulgarian Albert Popov Recorded a Historic Ranking with his First Podium in the Skiing World Cup
- » English Greyhound Derby 2023: Who Will Claim the Crown?
- » Who Are the Favorites for the 2023 Cheltenham Festival Championship Races?