Armed Robbers of Sofia Store Now Established
The identities of the armed robbers who stole money and goods from a store in Sofia have now been established.
The recording of the blatant crime was released on Facebook the morning after the incident. The store owner expressed the hope that this will help the investigation.
The robbery had been committed on Tuesday evening, around 9 pm. A lady went into the store under the pretext of buying cigarettes and minutes later an armed man joined her inside. They threatened the shop assistant. The man twisted the employee's hands, while the young woman started taking money and cigarettes from the store.
Both the man and the woman's identities have now been established, NOVA news reported. Police officers stated that they were not found on their known home address. As a result, they are both now wanted across the country. None of them has a criminal registration. In the opinion of the store owner, Maihail Rusinov, they are both of Roma origin.
The shop assistant is now in hospital on account of the broken finger and stress following the incident.
According to Bulgarian lawyer Marin Markovski, the recording of the security camera cannot be used in Bulgarian courts. He noted this to be a flaw in local legislation and that more substantial evidence must be provided.
- » French Intelligence Services Detained a man Planning a 9/11 Style Attack in France
- » 387 Bulgarians Became Victims of Trafficking since the Beginning of the Year - Most of Them - Women
- » More than 300 People from Over 12 Countries Arrested after Authorities Took a Child Pornography Site Down
- » Three Bulgarians Were Killed in a Shooting in Chicago
- » Bulgarian MPs Approved the Removal of the Fast Track Trial Proceedings in Premeditated Murder Cases
- » Police Officers Arrested Two Bulgarians for Trafficking in Persons for Begging in France and Sweden