Bulgaria Police Detain 2 Endangered Turtle Eaters
Two Bulgarian citizens who cooked 17 endangered turtles and ate them have been arrested in the country's southern town of Krumovgrad, police say.
The detainees, aged 59 and 26 respectively, have been charged with trying to exterminate an endangered species, according to private national TV7 channel.
No details about the exact species were immediately available.
They told police they were very hungry and felt an urge to cook the animals.
Both men, who are said to be representatives of the ethnic Roma minority could be facing charges of up to 5 years behind bars and a fine of up to BGN 10 000.
- » Bulgarian Customs Officials Seized 7200 Liters of Alcohol in Cans Packaged as Coconut Milk
- » One Killed and Several Injured in a Shooting inside a Tram in Utrecht
- » The New Zealand Terrorist did not Know Bulgarian Citizens
- » The Bulgarian Ministry of Interior Investigates Murder of a Woman in Harmanli
- » Police Detained 27 Illegal Immigrants in Plovdiv
- » The Active User Association Established Imitations of Quality Olive Oil on the Bulgarian Market