Bulgaria Justice Minister to Unveil Judicial Reform Proposals
Bulgaria's Justice Minister Hristo Ivanov is due to table on Friday new legal amendments which the government says will bring about a judicial reform.
A document is to be published on the Justice Ministry's website to trigger a public debate.
No complete draft list of the proposed reforms has been produced so far.
However, the ruling axis is simultaneously seeking to put forward constitutional changes which allow for changes in the Supreme Judicial Council (VSS), Bulgaria's top judicial watchdog, to help reform as well.
A draft with the proposed changes was submitted to Parliament Tuesday which includes splitting the VSS into two sections and reducing its term in office from five to four years.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend