EU Funding is Available for Bulgarian Gas Hub Construction, Minister Petkova says
Our idea for the construction of a gas hub is likely to become a reality. However, in order for us to be able to apply for EU funding, the three Bulgarian projects need to be considered as ventures of common interest.
The statement was made by Bulgarian Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova at the regular sitting of the Energy Commission to the National Assembly.
''We have all the assurance of our EU colleagues that the funding could be provided,'' added Petkova.
She further noted that the second stage of evaluations on the gas pipeline Varna - Oryahovo is now upcoming, as well as the reconstruction of the Northern Ring and the rehabilitation of the gas transit infrastructure.
Only after the procedure is properly conducted, can Bulgaria apply for EU funding.
- » Inercom Bulgaria Submits New Notification on CEZ Deal to Watchdog after a Restructuring
- » Bulgarian Energy Regulator will most Likely Accept a Gas Price Increase of 13.89%
- » International Atomic Energy Agency: Bulgaria Signs a CPF for 2018–2023
- » Prices of Natural Gas in Bulgaria with Record Rise as of 1 October
- » Bulgaria-Greece Gas Pipeline Project Receives Initial Bids
- » AES 'Committed to Bulgaria' as Power Purchase Agreement Challenges Loom