EU Funding is Available for Bulgarian Gas Hub Construction, Minister Petkova says
Our idea for the construction of a gas hub is likely to become a reality. However, in order for us to be able to apply for EU funding, the three Bulgarian projects need to be considered as ventures of common interest.
The statement was made by Bulgarian Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova at the regular sitting of the Energy Commission to the National Assembly.
''We have all the assurance of our EU colleagues that the funding could be provided,'' added Petkova.
She further noted that the second stage of evaluations on the gas pipeline Varna - Oryahovo is now upcoming, as well as the reconstruction of the Northern Ring and the rehabilitation of the gas transit infrastructure.
Only after the procedure is properly conducted, can Bulgaria apply for EU funding.
- » Bulgarian Businesses and Trade Unions Request Meeting with PM over High Power Prices on Energy Exchange
- » Bulgartransgaz Creates Subsidiary for Gas Distribution Hub
- » General Electric Interested in Participating as Potential Supplier of Equipment and Engineer of Belene NPP
- » Energy Regulator Discussed Measure to Stabilise Power Prices at The Free Market
- » Urgent Meeting Due to Industrial Electricity Prices in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister: We Have Created a Liberalized Electricity Market