Bulgaria’s Parliament Sets Up Ad Hoc Committee on Draft Constitutional Amendments
Bulgaria’s Parliament has established an ad hoc committee in connection with a set of proposed constitutional amendments.
The establishment of the committee was backed by 118 MPs, with 4 votes against and 14 abstentions, according to reports of dnevnik.bg.
In seven days’ time, the new ad hoc committee is to propose rules regarding the procedure for the discussion and adoption of the constitutional amendments.
The committee consists of 16 MPs, 2 from each parliamentary group in the 43rd National Assembly, and is chaired by Dimitar Lazarov, MP from center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria).
Atanas Atanasov from the Reformist Bloc is Deputy Chair of the committee.
The decisions of the committee will be taken by simple majority of the votes, which means 9+ votes in favor.
The planned changes to Bulgaria's Constitution are to pave the way for judicial reform.
- » New Camel at the Sofia Zoo
- » Fire Rescue Operation Training was Carried out in Burgas Port
- » At 13 Hours and 7 Minutes Today in Bulgaria will be Astronomical Summer
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.