Bulgaria's New Gallery Square 500 Opening Thursday
The National Gallery Square 500 is to host an official opening ceremony on Thursday in downtown Sofia.
Exhibitions have been available for several days, and entrance will be free by Friday.
There are over 42 000 works, half of them by Bulgarian artists, and others coming from Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas.
Square 500 is the name a special committee picked for the museum in December after having received some 230 suggestions from citizens over the previous months.
Prior to that the building was known as "The Bulgarian Louvre", a project managed by Culture Minister Vezhdi Rashidov during his first term in office.
Tickets will be at BGN 10 (EUR 5), or BGN 5 at discount prices.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Bulgarian Orthodox Church celebrates the Annunciation
- » First Bulgarian Author Nominated for the “Booker” Award!
- » The Dobruja Pie (Banitsa) became a Protected Product not of Bulgaria, but of Romania
- » Today marks 80 years since the Rescue of the Bulgarian Jews
- » Bulgarians Celebrate Saint Theodore’s Day (Horse Easter)
- » Bulgarian Historian: Our Freedom was not Gifted to us