FIFA Officials Arrested in Zurich Specialized Operation, NYT
Several top officials of FIFA were arrested early morning Wednesday in Zurich on account of corruption accusations.
Swiss authorities conducted a specialize doperation and arrested more than ten officials, the New York Times reported.
Among them were Vice Presidents of the Executive Committee Jeffrey Webb of the Cayman Islands and Eugenio Figueredo of Uruguay, as well as former member of the committee Jack Warner. They have been accused of various crimes involving money laundering practices, taking bribes on bets for football games, racketeering, money laundering and the like.
FIFA is one of the most powerful sports organizations across the globe, as football games are the most watched by audiences worldwide.
FIFA's President Sepp Blatter himself has been severely criticized over the manner in which he has been leading the organization over the years, but has not been charged.
Access the full article here.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Emmanuel Macron’s White House visit highlights Transatlantic Differences over China
- » Bulgaria’s Vice President: The Netherlands gave the best Christmas present to all Eurosceptics
- » Day 283 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russians prepare for a Siege of Bakhmut
- » Bulgarian MEP: Western countries are showing Hypocrisy and Duplicity by denying us Entry into Schengen
- » Musk released 'Twitter Files' detailing Censorship and Suppression of information at Twitter
- » The Pentagon unveiled the new B-21 Raider stealth bomber