Additional BGN 15 M Needed for Sofia's Subway Extension
Bulgarian government will be allocating an additional sum of BGN 15 M for the completion of the Sofia subway. The project has been published by the Ministry of Finance, the Bulgarian National Radio reported.
The additional funding will be applied to the completion of the subway extension between the James Boucher and Hladilnika stations and will be provided through the central budget.
Construction of the 950 meter long tunnel started in 2014, as its purpose will be to allow subway trains to be able to shift their directions. The total cost of the construction of all stations and tunnels, as well as other infrastructure systems was BGN 42,5 M, and the section is expected to be completed by 2016.
The additional funding will allow for the project to be completed in time by the end of 2015, as per the statement of the Bulgarian Ministry of Finance.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Forecasts: Corruption and Lack of Serious Reforms Will Keep Bulgaria Outside the Euro Area at least until 2026
- » Bulgaria: Wheat Production is Expected to be 15% Higher this Year
- » Thousands Indian Women Join Farmers' Protests on International Women's Day
- » Deputy Premier: Bulgaria’s GDP Has Grown by a Quarter in Four Years
- » Thailand Cuts Quarantine for Foreign Arrivals from 14 to 7 Days as of April
- » Russia Sends First Batch of Sputnik V Vaccine to North Macedonia