Bulgarian PM, Delegation to Have Audience with Pope Francis
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and the delegation headed by him will have an audience with Pope Francis on Saturday.
The visit to the Vatican and Italy on Saturday and Sunday will be on the occasion of May 24 – the Day of Bulgarian Education and Culture and Slavonic Script.
Borisov will also meet the Vatican's Secretary of State Cardinal Pietro Parolin, the government's press service reports.
The Bulgarian PM will also lay a wreath at the memorial of the prominent Bulgarian writer Ivan Vazov in Rome and pay tribute to the relics of Saint Cyril in the San Clemente basilica.
He will also participate in a prayer service in the St Paul church in Rome, which will be attended by members of the Bulgarian community in Italy.
Borisov is accompanied by Culture Minister Vezhdi Rashidov, Defence Minister Nikolay Nenchev and several MPs.
- » Today is the Donald Trump Vladimir Putin Helsinki Summit
- » Ukrainian President Appoints Ambassadors to Bulgaria and Algeria
- » Uzbek-Bulgarian Trade House Opens in Sofia
- » Trump Starts his UK Tour by Threatening to Kill off US a Trade Deal
- » Bulgaria’s President Radev Talks with Donald Trump at the NATO Summit
- » Bulgaria’s President at the NATO Summit in Brussels