Bulgarian PM, Delegation to Have Audience with Pope Francis
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and the delegation headed by him will have an audience with Pope Francis on Saturday.
The visit to the Vatican and Italy on Saturday and Sunday will be on the occasion of May 24 – the Day of Bulgarian Education and Culture and Slavonic Script.
Borisov will also meet the Vatican's Secretary of State Cardinal Pietro Parolin, the government's press service reports.
The Bulgarian PM will also lay a wreath at the memorial of the prominent Bulgarian writer Ivan Vazov in Rome and pay tribute to the relics of Saint Cyril in the San Clemente basilica.
He will also participate in a prayer service in the St Paul church in Rome, which will be attended by members of the Bulgarian community in Italy.
Borisov is accompanied by Culture Minister Vezhdi Rashidov, Defence Minister Nikolay Nenchev and several MPs.
- » Prime Minister Borisov Met with the Greek Minister For Migration Policy
- » Russian President Vladimir Putin Will Visit Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria and Norway Will Work on Joint Projects in the Western Balkans
- » Boris Johnson Will Meet Jean-Claude Juncker Today
- » Presidents of Turkey, Russia and Iran Meet in Ankara
- » Bulgaria Charges NGO Official With Spying For Russia