Bulgarian PM, Delegation to Have Audience with Pope Francis
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and the delegation headed by him will have an audience with Pope Francis on Saturday.
The visit to the Vatican and Italy on Saturday and Sunday will be on the occasion of May 24 – the Day of Bulgarian Education and Culture and Slavonic Script.
Borisov will also meet the Vatican's Secretary of State Cardinal Pietro Parolin, the government's press service reports.
The Bulgarian PM will also lay a wreath at the memorial of the prominent Bulgarian writer Ivan Vazov in Rome and pay tribute to the relics of Saint Cyril in the San Clemente basilica.
He will also participate in a prayer service in the St Paul church in Rome, which will be attended by members of the Bulgarian community in Italy.
Borisov is accompanied by Culture Minister Vezhdi Rashidov, Defence Minister Nikolay Nenchev and several MPs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus