Bulgarian PM, Delegation to Have Audience with Pope Francis
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and the delegation headed by him will have an audience with Pope Francis on Saturday.
The visit to the Vatican and Italy on Saturday and Sunday will be on the occasion of May 24 – the Day of Bulgarian Education and Culture and Slavonic Script.
Borisov will also meet the Vatican's Secretary of State Cardinal Pietro Parolin, the government's press service reports.
The Bulgarian PM will also lay a wreath at the memorial of the prominent Bulgarian writer Ivan Vazov in Rome and pay tribute to the relics of Saint Cyril in the San Clemente basilica.
He will also participate in a prayer service in the St Paul church in Rome, which will be attended by members of the Bulgarian community in Italy.
Borisov is accompanied by Culture Minister Vezhdi Rashidov, Defence Minister Nikolay Nenchev and several MPs.
- » Bulgaria’s Ombudswoman Office Receives Highest UN Status Accreditation
- » Ekaterina Zaharieva Has Welcomed Montenegro's Efforts on the Road to European Integration
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: Our Support for Serbia's European Path Will Continue
- » Bulgarian Exports to Vietnam in 2018 Amounted to $ 33.0 million in 2018
- » Deputy Prime Minister Nikolova: There is Potential For Investment Cooperation Between Bulgaria and Kuwait
- » 6 Iran-Bulgaria Cooperation Deals Signed