Bulgaria’s State-Owned Maritsa East 2 TPP Reported Loss of BGN 38.6 M in 2014
Bulgaria’s state-owned thermal power plant Maritsa East 2 registered pre-tax loss of BGN 38.6 M for 2014.
The loss of the state-owned thermal power plant increased by 700% in just one year, according to reports of econ.bg.
In 2013 the Maritsa East 2 TPP reported a profit of BGN 6.5 M.
Apart from that, the return on equity of the state-owned TPP became negative, at – 4,44%.
The poor financial results are attributable to the substantial decrease in the company’s revenues from the provision of cold reserve capacity and from the provision of capacity for secondary control and ancillary services for the system.
The Maritsa East 2 TPP registered revenues from operating activities of BGN 588.8 M in 2014, compared to a rate of BGN 591.2 M in 2013.
- » Herro Mustafa: The US Will Send Energy Experts to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Becomes Part of the Common European Electricity Market
- » Energy Expert: These 11 km from Balkan Stream are Extremely Important for Bulgaria
- » The Construction of the Balkan Stream Gas Pipeline Through Bulgaria Has Started (Video)
- » Agreements For Financing the Gas Connection Bulgaria - Greece Are Signed
- » Belene NPP Project to Be Licensed by the End of the Year