Bulgaria’s State-Owned Maritsa East 2 TPP Reported Loss of BGN 38.6 M in 2014
Bulgaria’s state-owned thermal power plant Maritsa East 2 registered pre-tax loss of BGN 38.6 M for 2014.
The loss of the state-owned thermal power plant increased by 700% in just one year, according to reports of econ.bg.
In 2013 the Maritsa East 2 TPP reported a profit of BGN 6.5 M.
Apart from that, the return on equity of the state-owned TPP became negative, at – 4,44%.
The poor financial results are attributable to the substantial decrease in the company’s revenues from the provision of cold reserve capacity and from the provision of capacity for secondary control and ancillary services for the system.
The Maritsa East 2 TPP registered revenues from operating activities of BGN 588.8 M in 2014, compared to a rate of BGN 591.2 M in 2013.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Energy Holding: BGN 50 Million Loan for Mini Maritsa Iztok
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov Arrives in Athenes Where Will Be Signed the Contract for Gas Terminal Near Alexandroupolis
- » Half of Bulgaria's Capital Sofia Without Electricity Due to an Accident
- » General Electric Co Signed Agreement Valued at Over $1.2 Billion with the Iraqi Ministry of Electricity
- » Executive Director of the Bulgarian Energy Holding Jacklen Cohen Resigns
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov Inspected the Construction of the Interconnector with Greece