Zinedine Zidane Also to Attend Final of European U-17 Championship
French football legend Zinedine Zidane will also attend the final of the UEFA European Under-17 Championship, which will take place in the Bulgarian city of Burgas on Friday.
This was officially confirmed by the director of the tournament Pavel Kolev, who clarified that Zidane will be visiting Bulgaria not in his capacity as an official, but as a father.
The French football star and current coach of Real Madrid's reserve team will be cheering for his son Luca, whose remarkable performance proved decisive in the semifinal against Belgium.
Luca Zidane showed excellent goalkeeping skills by saving three penalties, which sent his team to the final after 1-1 in the regular time and 2-1 in the shoot-out.
The final, which pits against each other the teams of France and Germany, will take place at the Lazur stadium in Burgas at 20:00 local time.
The closing ceremony, which will precede the final, will also be attended by another French football icon – the President of UEFA Michel Platini.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Cristiano Ronaldo will not play in Saudi Arabia
- » World Cup: The Most Iconic Performances of All-Time
- » World Cup 2022: Riots in Belgium and the Netherlands after Morocco's Victory
- » World Cup 2022: Japan with a memorable Comeback - Stun Germany 2-1
- » World Cup 2022 sensation: Saudi Arabia defeated Argentina
- » Qatar 2022: Iran's Players refused to sing their National Anthem