Code Yellow Issued in Five Bulgarian Municipalities
Code yellow has been issued in five southern regions of Bulgaria on account of the imminent prolific rains and expected thunderstorms.
The warning is valid for the municipalities of Smolyan, Kardzhali and Haskovo as stated by the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology. The amounts of rain expected there will be between 15 and 35 liters per square meter.
Meteorologists further advice people in the five municipalities with yellow code issued to be careful in case of thunderstorms, especially in the mountain, forest and open areas.
The weather is expected to remain predominantly sunny up until the afternoon when cumulous and cumulonimbus clouds are expected to develop.
Slow winds will be coming in from the east and are expected to strengthen as the day progresses. Maximum temperatures will be between 22° and 27° C, regions along the Black Sea coast will be slightly colder - 20-22°C and the values projected in Sofia are around 23° C.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Droughts alone could cost 1% of GDP in Central Eastern Europe in Coming Years
- » Bulgaria: Heavy Rain in 10 Provinces, Strong Wind in 5
- » Yellow and Orange Wind Codes in almost all of Bulgaria
- » Owner of Patagonia Donated All Profits to Save the Planet
- » Yellow Code for Strong Winds in 12 Regions of Bulgaria for September 12
- » More than 3000 Lightnings fell in an hour in Bulgaria - Stara Zagora and Karlovo are Flooded